A new phenomenon out there, Cash Mob…
What is Cash Mob?
On designated date folks go into small, local businesses and shop there, spend $10-$20 each on the goods and services offered. This helps the business owner and keeps our money in our community. The best way to promote and grow local businesses is to support and patronize them. Then head to the local restaurant, bar or pub to celebrate with your news friends.
First “Cash Mob” took place on November 16, 2011 organized by Andrew Samtoy, an attorney at Dworken & Bernstein. It was later on discovered that the first “Cash Mob” actually took place in Buffalo, NY, on August 5, 2011, and was organized by blogger and an engineer for Oracle Corp, Christopher Smith.
Looking for a Cash mob near you?
If you know of another Cash Mob, let them know!
Looking for International Cash Mobs, check:
Taken from: https://cashmobs.wordpress.com/rules-2
Here are the rules we’ve developed for running cash mobs. THESE ARE JUST SUGGESTED RULES!!!
- The mob date and meeting location must be announced at least a week in advance via Twitter, Facebook and/or email.
- The amount to spend will not be more than $20, although people can spend more if they wish.
- The business must have products that cost less than $20 for both men and women.
- The business must be locally owned and independently operated.
- The business owner must give back to the community in some way.
- The business owner must approve the Cash Mob before the mob is announced.
- The business must be within one block of a locally-owned watering hole.
- Cash Mobbers must join us for celebratory drinks after the successful mob.
- The cash mob will occur during the evening on a weekday or on a weekend.
- Pictures will be posted to the blog after the CashMob.
- Parking or public transportation must be available.
At the mob, there are three rules:
- Spend $20;
- Meet three people you didn’t know before;
- HAVE FUN!!!
Saturday March 24, 2012 was International Cash Mob Day. Missed it? No worries, another one is coming up shortly.
International Cash Mob Day II: May 25, 2012
Where will you be?
Keep your eyes on twitter feeds, facebook pages, G+, blogs…
Start your own Cash Mob, support your local Arts and Crafts Mom and Pop store!